Friday, January 25, 2013

Sometimes Photographers Get to Relax Too



We live in a world of immediacy, a hive of distraction where everything comes at us all at once.  While we can choose for ourselves how we respond to this stimulus there still exists a place where we can forget it all, if only for a fleeting moment.  A place where we can live in our own intention, our own aspiration, in our own contentment.  For some that moment manifests itself in a massage. 

A massage is a place in time where we can release anguish and worry and instead focus directly on ourselves and on our own well-being; far from the anguish of our existential life.

For me that moment lasted a full 4 hours and involved no less than 3 models and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.  It wasn't actually that hot (I don't carry a thermometer with me on shoots) but the sweat beading off my forehead told me I couldn't have been far off.  

Between thinking to myself "this is taking far too long" and "I should have worn more deodorant" I did my best to portray the moment.  A moment in which the models were experiencing pure bliss in the midst of doing their job and the exact moment where I could say for myself that finally - I was doing the exact same thing.

Thank you Mandy Zabohne, LMP, Olympia, WA







No comments:

Post a Comment