Friday, May 12, 2017

It's All About You

As a photographer there's nothing conventional about creating photographs of people.  Sure, traveling and photographing exotic locales and far off jungles is probably both challenging and rewarding, but capturing someone's face in just the right light and with just the right expression inside of a studio is something that I can't help but love doing.  It's one thing that makes photography enjoyable to me. 

Portraiture for me isn't just about taking someone's photograph.  It's creating a moment in time of their person, their self, of who they are or who they want to be at that exact moment.  Capturing that image doesn't have to be complicated and you don't have to try to see into their soul.  I don't enter a session looking for that one perfect image; I don't overthink it.  Looking too hard for something can make it too difficult to find.  Instead I follow the advice I give to my clients: relax, have fun... because this is all about you.


No comments:

Post a Comment